Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Halfway Point

Friday represented radiation treatment #19 - the halfway point! While we know that the cumulative effects of treatment (especially with chemo and radiation combined) are such that Matt is not yet experiencing the halfway point for side effects - that is weeks away - it still feels darn good to be here, says Matt.

We don't have much to report as we prep for chemo day #2 tomorrow, but thought we would share out a special, handmade card Matt received from his nephew, Ian (8 years old), this week. We Skype with him periodically - with Matt's brother Jim and his wife Enika, from California - and evidently he wanted to send well wishes of his own. Matt is holding the card above, and here is what he, Ian, wrote:

My Christmas Gift
If I could give someone a gift I would give to my dad's brother. I would give it to him because he has cancer. I would make a card for him. I would treat him well. I would take some money out of my bank account and buy some medicine for him. I would go to his surgery to cheer him up. After his surgery we would go to a restaurant. In the morning I would play my piano and I would give him lots of hugs. This is how I would like to celebrate the holidays. By, Ian McLane

How swell is that?! We move into the next phase with smiles on our faces, that is for sure....

1 comment:

  1. Cool Matt! That's 19 less times who'll have to don the mask. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete